Absolute Issness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Absolute Issness

A place for everyone with an open heart to all religions, with or without a specific path, to join hands to learn and teach without the ridicule the 'outside world' would show.

Latest topics
» Love spells & free will...
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 pm by childofolympus

» Discussion Question 11/26/2012
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 pm by childofolympus

» History Fact of the Day 12/28/12
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:39 am by nbrown

» Meditation of the Day 12/28/12
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 am by nbrown

» p.o.s parents!!!!!!!!!!
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:29 am by childofolympus

» Discussion Question 11/27/2012
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:25 am by childofolympus

» Hey all! Can youtell me...
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:24 am by childofolympus

» favorite divination techniques
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:21 am by childofolympus

» Info Of The Day, By Jennifer Costa (Shalee)
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:42 am by Shalee

» Author of the Day: Gerina Dunwich
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 pm by chuck clemmons

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top posters
Jenn (102)
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) Vote_lcapIncense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) Voting_barIncense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) Vote_rcap 
childofolympus (75)
Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) Vote_lcapIncense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) Voting_barIncense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group) Vote_rcap 
nbrown (18)
moonmistblueTasha (7)
chuck clemmons (5)
Shalee (2)
Megan (2)
WhiteDove (2)
arduan3 (1)

Top posting users this month
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

Incense (posted by Jennifer Costa originally in group)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jenn

Jenn
Admin

Below are some recipes to make your own special blends of incense. The book uses a measurement called "drams", here is a conversion chart to show what measurement a "dram" is;

1/8 Fl. oz = 1 dram = 1/2 tsp. + 1/8 tsp.
1/4 Fl. oz. = 2 drams = 1/2 tbsp.
1/2 Fl. oz. = 4 drams = 1 tbsp.

When making each incense, put all herbs into a mortar or a cauldron (or any type of pot large enough to hold all the ingredients). The recipes below make large batches, if you wish to make a smaller batch just cut the amounts down but keep the ratio specified. After all ingredients are added to the pot, grind them all together to make a fine/semi-fine powder. To burn, sprinkle desired amount over a piece of lit charcoal (you can buy special charcoal pieces made for this purpose). Keep in a sealed jar (preferably one that has an airlock seal to keep it fresh).

Glow of Health Incense
An incense used in rituals and spells designed to attract or maintain good healh.

-1/2 oz. bayberry herb
-1 oz. powered sandalwood
-1 oz. carnation petals
-1/2 oz. rose petals
-1/4 tsp. saltpeter
-2 drams tincture of benzoin

Prophetic Dreams Incense
Use this incense to bring about prophetic dreams, burn during divination

-1/2 oz. powdered sandalwood
-1/4 oz. bayberry herb
-1/2 oz. rose petals
-1/4 oz. lavender
1/4 oz. orris root, powdered
-1 oz. grated lemon peak
-1/4 tsp. saltpeter
-1 dram frankincense oil

Cooling Anger Incense
Used to calm angry/negative emotions.

-1 oz. powered passion flower
-1 oz. powdered orris root
-1/2 oz. powered rose petals
-1/2 oz. dark brown sugar
-1/4 tbsp saltpeter
-1 dram honey

https://absolute-issness.forumotion.com

childofolympus

childofolympus

Can you recommend something I can use in the place of tincture of benzoin for the "sooth anger" incense...!? My local Witchy shop isn't as well-stocked as it could be even tho the people working there are lovely.

Jenn

Jenn
Admin

All I can really find is how to make it at home-
To make your own, powder 2 ounces of benzoin gum and add 4 ounces of water and 12 ounces of alcohol. Keep this mixture bottled and capped tightly for two weeks but do shake it daily. After two weeks, strain the liquid and bottle it for future use.

I also found out that it has a lot of medical uses Smile you should look it up. It is very interesting. You can order online. If you have a health foods store pretty close, they may carry it. Smile

childofolympus

childofolympus

Admin wrote:All I can really find is how to make it at home-
To make your own, powder 2 ounces of benzoin gum and add 4 ounces of water and 12 ounces of alcohol. Keep this mixture bottled and capped tightly for two weeks but do shake it daily. After two weeks, strain the liquid and bottle it for future use.

I also found out that it has a lot of medical uses Smile you should look it up. It is very interesting. You can order online. If you have a health foods store pretty close, they may carry it. Smile

Ir sounds like I'm going to have to do more Google-ing & go the order it online path... I just took a quick look & it looks like there are 3 health food stores in my area, tho, so I might try there 1st even tho I have no idea specifically where any of them are... <LOL>

Jenn

Jenn
Admin

Though online may be cheaper-- I have no idea. Maybe get the numbers of the stores and ask if they have it/ prices first and compare lol

childofolympus

childofolympus

Yup... that's kind what I was thinking too, by now... <LOL>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum